Carolina Breast Friends seeks Executive Director
PMA Consulting is pleased to lead the search for the next Executive Director of Carolina Breast Friends. Please read the description below and forward the post to any potential candidates you may know.
The Executive Director serves as the organization’s managing officer and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the operation of all programs, the management of all fiscal resources, the supervision of all staff, and the provision of quality services to the community of breast cancer Survivors served by Carolina Breast Friends. Working with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director formulates plans for achieving the organization’s mission, strategy, annual goals and objectives.
Leadership & Management: Works with Board of Directors to fulfill the mission
- Ensure Carolina Breast Friends philosophy and mission are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent and ethical management of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, Board members, committees, advisory council, partnering organizations, and funding sources
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of Carolina Breast Friends
- Lead the development of the annual budget with the Treasurer, and make financial decisions consistent with the approved budget
- Maintain an accounting system that meets all federal, state and local compliance standards under the oversight of the Treasurer
- Provide accurate and timely statements that reflect the financial health of the organization
- Lead fundraising efforts, including supporting the Board’s involvement in fundraising, personally cultivating and soliciting donors, and supervising development staff efforts and implementation of fundraising plans and policies approved by the Board
Programming and Communication: Works with the Board of Directors and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach
- Develop the tactical implementation plan of Carolina Breast Friends’ Strategic Plan
- Oversee all aspects of communications from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Responsible for planning, developing, supervising, implementation and tracking of programs that carry out the organization’s mission
- Meet, coach and offer support to Survivors who visit the Pink House
- Review and approve the use of the Carolina Breast Friends’ name, service tag and/or logo on all promotional materials
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for Carolina Breast Friends and as the liaison with various community organizations
Organizational Operations: Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure the operations of Carolina Breast Friends
- Responsible for creating efficient and effective business operations
- Lead, coach, develop and retain the Pink House team
- Manage the structure and operations of the Pink House
- Sign all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
- Develop an annual calendar to include all critical tasks and responsibilities
All inquiries, nominations, and applications are to be directed via email to PMA Consulting: email@example.com. Applications should include a cover letter and resume. Please indicate in the subject of your email the position and organization to which you are applying. Carolina Breast Friends is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and staff. Employment decisions at Carolina Breast Friends are made without regard to race, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Carolina Breast Friends encourages all qualified candidates to apply. No phone calls please. Note that only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted.