Career Development for Nonprofit Professionals – October 27, 2010
PMA is pleased to be taking part in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) upcoming event – Career Development for Nonprofit Professionals – October 27, 2010 at the Levine Museum of the New South.
Increasing opportunities and raised expectations of skill, experience and education are driving the nonprofit profession to be among the fastest growing sectors in the country. The workshop will look at training and professional development opportunities available to Charlotte region AFP members.
The event will feature speakers, resource material and networking opportunities for all nonprofit professionals, including:
- Recent entrants into the nonprofit field exploring training opportunities in philanthropic management.
- Seasoned nonprofit professionals trying to round-out their resume for career advancement.
- Any nonprofit professional trying to crystallize a professional development plan.
The program will cover:
- CFRE and ACFRE certification process and opportunities.
- Workshops and topic-specific training.
- Baccalaureate and graduate programs catering to philanthropic professionals.
- Mentoring and teaching opportunities.
3:30 – 4:00 Registration
4:00 – 4:15 Welcome & Overview
4:15 – 5:45 Concurrent Sessions
- The Emerging Professional: How Do I Bolster My Skill & Experience for Advancement?
- The Established Professional: How Do I Enhance My Opportunities for Management?(NOTE: Registrants for this session should have at least 10 years of fundraising experience or their CFRE)
5:45 – 7:00 Networking Reception
Guest Fee: $25.00
Member Fee: $15.00
RSVP by clicking here.