3 Awesome Nonprofit Conferences to Attend in 2013
For nonprofit professionals, it is crucial to develop an annual professional development plan in order to learn new skills, advance one’s career, and contribute new ideas in the workplace. At PMA, we are encouraged to attend various local and national workshops, presentations, webinars and conferences. If you are thinking about signing up for nonprofit conferences, check out our top picks for 2013!
BoardSource Leadership Forum 2013
November 7 – 8, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
The BoardSource Leadership Forum is the only national conference focused on the impact of nonprofit boards and the role they play in advancing the public good. Each year, about 800 nonprofit leaders from around the world gather with an impressive array of experts to discuss the newest thinking and practices in nonprofit governance and solutions to current leadership issues. To give you a taste, here are several sessions from last year’s Forum:
- How to Make Strategic Decisions for Financial Sustainability
- Diversity and Inclusion: Moving from Conversation to Action
- Increasing Board Engagement by Redesigning the Work of Your Board
- Roadmap to Effective Boardroom Communication
- The Three Stages of a Nonprofit Merger
National Conference on Volunteering and Service
June 19 – 21, 2013
The National Conference on Volunteering and Service is organized by Points of Light, an national organization dedicated to volunteer service. The conference is the largest gathering of volunteer and service leaders from the nonprofit, corporate and government sectors. Attendees will have an opportunity to learn, connect and be inspired through a wide range of exciting and informative plenary sessions, workshops, special events, service projects, exhibits, specialized tracks and more. Registration costs start as low as $300 if you sign up before April 26!
AFP 2013 International Conference on Fundraising
April 7-9, 2013
San Diego, CA
Celebrating its 50th year, the AFP 2013 International Conference on Fundraising promises to bring together innovative fundraisers from around the world to learn, grow, and become the best and brightest in the philanthropic community. In addition to exciting workshops and presentations, AFP is bringing some of the most exciting speakers to talk about philanthropy:
- John Legend, musician songwriter, will speak about his philanthropy work with Teach for America and his advocacy for equal access to education for all children.
- Bert Jacobs, Co-founder and Chief Executive Optimist of Life is Good and founded the Life is good Kids Foundation.
- Five young philanthropists will talk about what they are doing and how they see the future of philanthropy.
If you’re interested in the conference schedule, click here. The PMA team will be at the AFP conference – hope we see you there!
What conferences are you attending this year? Any other events you would like to add to this list?